22 July 2014

July Haul

I've been shopping quite a lot recently- Mostly online and a bit in store too, I NEED RESTRAINING. But that's another matter- I thought I'd do a post of the things I bought recently, I went charity shop shopping too and got 2 tops, but they're in the wash so I can't show them right now, maybe next time.


The first thing I got is this mesh top from ebay, I got the short version and I bought it with the intention of wearing it under a strappy dress like this one from urban outfitters:
 Which is all well and good, if you like the dress that you bought to go over the mesh top, which i didn't- it was nice material and I liked the pattern but it was big enough to fit about 30 people in it, and that could be a good or bad thing, depending on how many humans you like to be able to fit under your dress. The mesh top itself is exactly what I wanted and it was about £2 so bargain!

I got the idea from youtuber Sarah Hawkinson (love her youtube) from the video Grunge lookbook and I thought it looked cool so I decided to 'recreate' the look.

 Next thing is this really cute shirt from Urban Outfitters, I got it in medium in the sale, it was meant to be £45 which I think is a total RIP OFF, but I got it for £22.50 (it's £25 but I got 10% off) which I think is alright considering I will probably wear it with loads of different things. It's quite warm so it's better for winter but I would wear it with a mini skirt, a midi skirt, tucked into high waisted jeans or shorts, or under a jumper so it's really versatile and I would wear it for formal and casual.

This is a really nice blue knee length skirt from Coast, I'm 5'3 and it's just below my knee so on a normal sized human it would probably be knee length, the material is gorgeous and it has POCKETS which I am very excited about, I got a size 12 though I'm usually a 10 and I wouldn't want it any smaller so order a size up if you get it- you can get it on John Lewis or you can get it in yellow on Coast though the stock is very limited.

I got this flannel shirt from Poppy's Little Closet, she sells vintage clothes and homemade jewellery and other cute things- I don't think you can ever have enough flannel shirts, and I like wearing them around my waist, this one is from Mishka- an American brand who don't actually have any shops in the UK, but if I'm honest, most of their clothes are not my thing at all so I'm quite alright with that.

I got these shoes from Primark- they were only £4 and I thought they would do well to replace my other tribal-ly shoes that are falling apart... :,(

I bought this choker from Daizei Jewellery and I like it apart from when you wear it the knots show at the front and I don't like the way it looks- so I'm now going to wear it as a headband instead, that's just how I rollllll.

Also from Daizei Jewellery I got this Swim Deep bracelet- and I think its pretty Swim DOPE... you get it? Swim.. Do- Anyway! I couldn't do it up properly by myself *crying face emoji* but I think this is really cute and if I ever have the honour of seeing Swim Deep I will be wearing this while standing on the front row screaming and jumping around. (Also look how cute the packaging is!)

I got this tattoo choker, bracelet and ring set from ebay- it was super duper cheap but I love the choker and ring, the bracelet is a bit twisted and weird so I doubt I'll wear that but for £2 I'm not gonna complain!


















I got this lipstick today from boots- I went in looking for a purple lipstick and went around the whole shop putting every vaguely purple lipstick I could find onto the back of my hand... in the end after I attempted to get it off with a tissue and I looked like I had a horrible disease or something, but it was worth it because I found this baby! (actually, it was the first one I tried... but that's not the point), it's the Rimmel moisture renew lipstick in dark night waterl-oops! (if anyone understands this name, please tell me what it means because I have no clue)

I also got this nail varnish from boots as Rimmel was buy 1 get 1 half price, it's the salon pro nail varnish in urban purple, though it looks very red here. I'd say it was a reddy-purple. I love how the brush is wider than most brushes and after 1 coat it looks really dark.

If you aren't into nail art you will probably be wondering what on earth these tiny vinyl- like shiny things are- they're basically like tiny strips of celotape that you can use to section bits of your nails off and do two- tone nails... I can't explain things very well, if you want to know how to do it properly, google it. These were about 50p from Amazon including postage which is ridiculously cheap for what they are, I used them today for the first time and I thought they were really good and easy to use so I highly recommend them.

The last 2 things I don't have pictures of but there are pictures on the links of them anyway- the first is my unicorn cookie cutter which is AMAZING, I made some unicorn cookies from them yesterday and they came out really well! It was about £2.50 and they have loads of different designs, if you would like me to do a tutorial on how I did my unicorn cookies then I can do that on my next blogpost.

The last thing is 24 season 4 which I have almost finished in about 4 days- It's so addictive, you never know what's going to happen (apart from you know Jack won't die since he's in all the other seasons, and if you're halfway through the season and everything's going really well, you know that it will all go wrong quite fast, and if you're an episode from the end and everything's going terribly, you know it will turn round and work itself out in the space of an hour) but apart from that it's unpredictable and very addictive, this isn't a review so I'm gonna shut up soon, but I'm just going to say if you like action and suspense and terrorists almost bombing America, it's going to be your kind of thing, also it's really cheap on Amazon.

Sorry that was more of a novel than a blogpost but I had a lot to say... if you got this far, well done! Have a free virtual high-five!

Rebecca
x

No comments :

Post a Comment